Who We Are and What We Believe
Our church is part of the Evangelical Covenant church, a fellowship of 800 churches across the United States and Canada with missions work in 10 foreign countries. As a church, we follow the teachings of Biblical Christianity. These principles provide guidance for our life and faith:
• We believe that being a child of God through personal faith in Jesus Christ is the most important and satisfying experience anyone can have.
• We believe that the Bible is God's own message for all people, and that it is the only perfect guide for matters of faith, doctrine, and lifestyle.
• We believe that our freedom in Christ allows for differences in minor doctrinal issues. Our unity is based on our common faith in Jesus. We cherish the ability to recognize but rise above minor doctrinal differences.
• We believe that Christians are called to follow their Lord in a life of love, witness, and service to God, one another, and the world. Each Christian is gifted by the Holy Spirit to help fulfill the mission of the church.
• We believe that we are a group of Christians in a community, who hold a common faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and share a common commitment to Him as Lord. We are a part of the family of God because of Christ's death and resurrection for us.
• We believe in a common life, seeking to share a loving, living, listening, giving, caring relationship to one another.
• We believe Jesus Christ is our Head and we seek to base our life on His revealed pattern in the New Testament. Our church is governed on earth by Christ, through our Pastor and through the Church Board and its officers.
• We believe that Christ died for us, we are saved by the blood shed for us at Calvary and that He is coming back for us and we must be ready when He comes. Through our ministry, the church seeks to present Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord, for all people and for all of life. We welcome into membership anyone who confesses Jesus Christ as personal Savior, and who by God's grace will live according to the standards set forth in the Word of God.